Some useful tech websites with reliable sources/authors. Hardware and technology links:
- www.anandtech.com – Gives, for the most part, objective reviews of hardware – consumer and enterprise class. They do their own benchmarking and give comprehensive articles explaining how they made their rankings.
- www.arstechnica.com – Has articles pertaining to; current events, opinions, socio-political trends. A little more biased, but knowledgeable nonetheless. More security oriented.
- www.overclock3d.net – Similar to anandtech.com
- www.digitimes.com – Articles in the tech industry, international as well. Leans more toward the economic and legal perspective of the industry. Has loads of content and thus the quality may vary.
- www.hardocp.com & www.hardforum.com – A large community based website with articles reviewing consumer PC hardware, tech news, and PC gaming.
- http://www.ycombinator.com/ – Ycombinator provides seed funding for startups. They invest a small amount of money for small stakes. They also have curated content focusing on software development, security and privacy, and psychology. The main guideline for sharing content is that it should contain serious and substantial thought.
- www.projecteuler.net – Solve math problems with programming, not for the faint of heart. Questions start relatively easy and become progressively harder. Share your solution with other members and see how it compares.
- http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/python – One of the oldest and biggest names when it comes to learning to program online, for free.
- http://www.recantha.co.uk/blog/ – A good collection of resources for all things Raspberry Pi.